View of Turvey Bridge from the west, horse and cart in the foreground with river, statue of Jonah and Mill on right.
Jonah was not placed in the river until 15th April 1844. It is likely that John Higgins returned to all his paintings depicting this area of the village and inserted a white Jonah.
Size 340 x 225mm
Rough surfaced white paper