Chapter 2: Turvey Old Hall and the Mordaunts.
This chapter provides a brief history of the powerful Mordaunt family and their residence in ‘Turvey Old Hall’. Reference is made to the burial of a number of Mordaunts within All Saints Church.
It is noted how the ‘Old Hall’ became less used as a residence with later generations residing at Peterborough House in Parsons Green, Fulham. The ‘Old Hall’ was pulled down in 1786 when much of the village was put up for sale by auction by the Earl of Peterborough.