Abstract of the Title of Mr. W.G. Bamford to Freehold Land at Turvey
Abstract of the Title of Mr. W.G. Bamford to Freehold Land at Turvey in the County of Bedford.
This relates to the land then known as ‘The Green’ and ‘Dead Woman’, on which Norfolk Road and Grove Road are now built.
The land was inherited by Gustavus Francis Higgins on the death of his father William Francis Higgins of Turvey House on 7th March 1899. In 1900 he mortgaged it to Edward Francis Henley, James Leslie Sweet, Ann Caroline Harrison Iliffe, Hugh Erat Harrison and Walter Arthur Gowan Englehart along with other land for the sum of £17000. In 1904 the land was sold for £1500 to Georgina Finch who mortgaged it to Archibald Allen of Olney for £1000. In 1907 Finch sold the land to William George Bamford for £1600.
The document was drawn up in 1928 when a parcel of the land was sold by Bamford to Stanley George Warren to build himself a house.